1. EDM-UTS Projects
- Improving the support of student learning needs through pattern analysis of the student experience
- Curriculum renewal and better support of student learning needs through pattern analysis of student’
Conducted by Carnegie Mellon University, DataShop is an Analysis and Reporting tool
- Video demo https://pslcdatashop.web.cmu.edu/about/case-studies/ken-geometry/
- Concepts (in the context of education): learning curves and Knowledge component model (KC model).
- Prediction of learning curve: Learning factor analysis algorithm
- Measuring student proficiency, knowledge component difficulty, knowledge component learning rates => quantify learning process + predict performance
- Identify hidden difficulties of knowledge components that may hinder student learning
3. LISTEN project (Literacy Innovation that Speech Technology ENables)
Conducted by Carnegie Mellon University, LISTEN project develops a reading tutor software that listens to students read aloud, and intervene when the students make mistakes or likely to make mistakes. It has a speech recognizer, and an intelligent pedagogical module containing DM patterns.
4. USyd Educational Data Mining project
- ITS = intelligent tutoring system, used in formal proof subject. Students are given some rules called premises(A,B) and asked to use logic rules and formulas to derive a given rule called conclusion (C). This system records mistakes and correct steps.