Venue: Aerial UTS Function Centre, Level 7, 235 Jones St (UTS Building 10) Ultimo NSW 2007
(27th October 2014)
|08:30am – 08:55am||Registration|
|08:55am – 09:00am||Introduction|
|09:00am – 10:00am||
|10:00am – 11:00am||
|11:00am – 11:30am||Morning tea|
|11:30am – 12:30pm||
|12:30pm – 01:30pm||Lunch|
|01:30pm – 02:30pm||
|02:30pm – 03:30pm||
|03:30pm – 03:45pm||Afternoon Tea|
|03:45pm – 05:15pm||
Moderator: Dr Usama Fayyad, Barcley, UK
Topic: Data Science – Challenges and Future
Topics to be debated may include but not limited to:
|05:15pm – 05:30pm||Prof Geoff WebbWrap Up|
|05:30pm – 06:45pm||Refreshment & Networking|
2014 Big Data School
This Big Data School session (27 Oct 2014, Sydney) is to offer audience with latest advancements in data science, data mining, machine learning, and advanced analytics for relevant domains through several prestigious lectures to be given by very senior professionals. This year, we have topics to cover areas including
- Advanced analytics
- Social media analytics
- Sentiment analysis
- Spatial big data analtyics
- Best practices in major public sector
- Latest development in advanced analytics research and practices
Dean’s Forum on Data Science
This Dean’s Forum on Data Science session is a premier platform for
- Deans in IT, Business, Health, Science etc.
- Heads of Schools in IT, Business, Health, Science etc.
- Research leaders
- Senior education managers and executives, and
- Senior market players in big data analytics in industry and government
to share views and ideas, and to debate the demand, trends, challenges, and opportunities about strategic issues, topics and perspectives such as
- We have information science, why do we need data science?
- Do we need a degree of analytics and data science?
- What should be the knowledge map and competency for a quality data modeler or analytics manager?
- What are the gaps in the existing curriculum and knowledge delivered to students?
- What are the requirements and gaps seen in real-life best practices?
- What makes the next-generation analytics talent special in driving the data economy and data-driven decision making?
You are seeing Deans, HoSs, Research Directors, and senior chief officers from major universities, industry and government in Australia, China, France, India, USA and UK to address the Dean’s Forum.
Comments to the Panelists?
Please send your comments and questions to the Panelist firstname.lastname@example.org.